How To Reset An Electric Furnace?
Most furnaces are made with the important function of a reset button—a safety measure for the systems. It will shut down the furnace when problems are detected in order to prevent the circuit breaker from tripping. If the breaker trips, it will cause a power outage.
If your furnace isn’t working, you should check the reset button first. The button is usually located on the front of the furnace near the bottom. However, it may also be found on the side or back of the furnace. It’s also important to note that different types of furnaces have different rules for reset buttons.
Why Your Reset Button Trips
By learning why your reset button is tripping, you will have a greater understanding of what is wrong with the furnace. Some of the main causes are:
- A clogged or dirty filter: It is easy to forget to clean your filters, but a dirty filter can cause the rest button to go off. Make sure to clean the HVAC unit’s filters regularly as it will help make the furnace continue to function properly. If your reset button has already tripped, check and change your filters, if needed.
- A cracked heat exchanger: The heat exchanger is what heats the air that is sent through your vents. If this part is cracked, it can cause carbon monoxide to leak into your home. This is a serious safety hazard, and you should immediately shut off your furnace, leave your house, and call Equi-Tech Mechanical for furnace repairs in Apache Junction, AZ, and the surrounding areas.
- A dirty flame sensor: Like the filters, the flame sensor also needs to be cleaned regularly. The sensor rod may be covered in debris and dirt, causing the furnace to shut down. The sensor is located in the combustion chamber. It can easily be cleaned with a soft cloth.
If you have checked all of these things and your furnace still isn’t working, it’s time to call in a professional. Our technicians at Equi-Tech Mechanical will be able to help you figure out what is wrong and get your furnace up and running again. If you search for a heating contractor near me, you’ll find our qualified technicians in your area. Book an appointment today!
How To Reset The Furnace
To reset your furnace and get it working again, you will need to do the following:
- Switch off the power button: This switch is on the control panel. It is a red switch and should be in the off position before pushing the reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds: This will give the furnace the time it needs to reset correctly. After doing this, you can turn on the power to the furnace and see if it comes on.
- Turn the breaker on: The breaker is found in your home’s electrical panel. Flick it to the on position, giving power back to the furnace. Now that you have turned everything back on, you should hear the furnace start up again.
Once you follow these steps, give it a few minutes to heat up, and then you can enjoy the warmth in your home. If that didn’t work, give us a call at (480) 983-4979 for furnace repair services.