Air filters in your home should get replaced regularly to keep your system working effectively and maintain good air quality. A clean air conditioning air filter ensures that your cooling unit runs smoothly and efficiently.
In addition, you will be more likely to save money on power bills and a costly AC repair in Apache Junction if you understand how frequently you should change your air filters. So when speaking of air filter replacement frequency, it is reasonable to clean or change your cooling unit’s air filters every three to four months.
Air Filter Replacement Usually Depends On Several Factors That Are As Follows
- Type of air filters: The type of filter you use significantly impacts how frequently you should adjust your filter. Generally, two types of air filters are available in the market— fiberglass and pleated air filters. While both these air filters are replaceable, there are some primary distinctions between them.
Fiberglass air filters are the less expensive of the two, but they are less effective at capturing sand and particles in the air. They should get cleaned or replaced every 30 days or less. On the other hand, pleated air purifiers are more expensive at first, but they are more effective at capturing particles and can last up to 90 days, depending on usage.
- Home dimensions: The size of your home is crucial in determining how frequently you should change your filters. Larger homes, for example, require more air to be circulated through the furnace or air conditioner.
It means that the filtration will become dirtier faster and need to get replaced more frequently. Since the air conditioning system has to move less air in smaller homes, air filter replacements are less frequent.
- Air purification: The quality of the air outdoors can have a significant impact on how frequently your air purifier becomes dirty and needs to get replaced. In big metropolises, pollutants like smoke, sand, and other wreckage seep in and overcrowd your air filter much faster. In addition, wildfire smoke also contributes significantly to the need for frequent filter replacements.
- Pets: Many people have pets in their homes, but these furry family members can affect the air quality in our homes. They bring dirt, pollen, mold, and other pollutants from outside with pet hair and dander into the air. If you have a pet, check your air filter once a month
- Allergies: If you have allergy symptoms, you can decrease your flare-ups by using a high-quality air filter and replacing it more frequently. Excess dust, pet dander, and other irritants in your indoor air can aggravate symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, and nasal congestion. Change your air filter before it becomes obstructed to ensure that only fresh air comes out of your HVAC system, allowing you to breathe easier.
Are you planning an air conditioning service in Apache Junction and looking for a reliable HVAC company? End your quest at Equi-Tech Mechanical. For more information on our expert heating and cooling assistance, call us at 480-470-6575.